With the advent of and migration of brick and mortar business to online mode, there is a whole new breed of contracts that have come into existence and which were not there earlier. Starting a business online or taking it online involves a lot of contractual work which may not be visible on the face, but it exists.
Who should take this course?
- Managers, business heads and officers in charge of business decisions in tech companies, both in the products and services category.
- Lawyers working for technology companies such as Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, Flipkart etc.
- Lawyers looking to specialize in technology law
- Lawyers looking to build an independent technology law practice
- Law students looking to work in corporate law firms or big 4 consultancy firms
What is the career potential after doing this course
- Gain an understanding of the contract structure for technology contracts, limitations, and turnarounds to online contracts
- Learn how to structure a contract and everything related to the correct grammar and formatting that you as a drafter shall need to take care of
- Get access to our carefully curated contract drafting checklist to ensure you do not miss out on any important clause specially catering to technology contracts
- Types of software licenses, end-user license agreements, cloud computing agreements, outsourcing technology work
- Responsibilities of social networks and platform owners, the impact of GDPR and role of data protection officer under GDPR
- Other technology-related contracts such as non-disclosure agreements, technology transfer agreements, ebook publishing agreements
- Gain knowledge about the critical interests that should be protected in technology contracts for your clients
- Various types of clauses in the contracts such as data management, boilerplate clauses, risk mitigation clauses
- Understand the implications of standard clauses in the technology agreements
- Master the art of drafting lesser discussed contracts like the E-commerce website development and services agreement, fulfillment agreement, subscription services agreement, software maintenance agreement, etc.
- Learn to draft the risk mitigation and termination clauses that shall ensure more safety for your client’s business
- Different types of e-commerce contracts such as website development and services agreement, software maintenance agreement, online shopping site conditions of use, etc.
- Develop a thorough understanding of drafting end-user agreements (EULAs), master-services agreements (MSAs), software distribution agreements, IP assignment and confidentiality protection agreement and cloud computing agreements
- Law firms
- In-house legal teams of companies
- Central and state governments
- Independent litigators
What is unique about this course
- The course is not limited to a provision-by-provision study of some statutes and associated case laws alone
- The course trains you on different kinds of actual work that is required to be performed by lawyers and other professionals. After finishing the course, you will know as much practical knowledge as a lawyer working at a big law firm will know after a year or two of experience
- It is not a mere theoretical study, but all the lessons are based on the practical application of the topics dealt in the course
- You will get personal attention and coaching from the trainers, and any doubt regarding a topic shall be addressed within 48 hours
- You will be given an opportunity to work on two writing assignments during the term of the course that shall be published either on iPleaders blog or any other industry publications if it meets our specifications
- In the span of the course, you shall be accessed over 3 subjective-based exercises relating to the course topics that shall help you to understand the practical aspects of the subject
- The course is tough and intensive, you will not be awarded the certificate unless you complete all the 3 subjective exercises and 2 writing assignments, as mentioned above.
Industry Academia Panel
COO and Co-Founder, LawSikho
Founder, Signzy Technologies, featured in Forbes 30 under 30
CEO and Co-Founder, iPleaders and LawSikho
Partner, Ashlar Law
Counsel, Legal, Corporate Strategy, SREI Group
Our Special Features
- SELF PACED
- ONLINE EXAMS
- PERSONAL COACHING
- ANDROID & IOS APP
Above prices are inclusive of all applicable taxes and charges. Option to convert your payment into two instalments is available on checkout page.
- Get Sample Material in your inbox
- Regular career guidance on email
- Sample Exercises
- Five very useful lessons
- No certification
- Access to all of Lawsikho.com's courses for 4 years (including new courses launched in this period)
- Immunity from future price increases for 4 years
- Complimentary access to members-only paid Facebook group for exclusive career opportunities and content
- Inclusion of templates and lessons on your request on a priority basis
- Priority pass for personal coaching, doubt-clearing, customer-support
- Free passes and invitations to all Lawsikho events and meet-ups across India
- Direct mentorship from Ramanuj and Abhyuday
- Personal feedback on as many assignments as you want
- Access to Lawsikho alumni network
- Priority processing for articles submitted to iPleaders blog and Superlawyer interview recommendations