All waitlist participants shall be informed about the next enrollment date
The Goods and Services Tax is a tax that revamped the structure of indirect taxes in July 2017. However, frequent clarifications on applicability and changes in implementation dates have resulted in significant confusion about the interpretation and implementation of the new tax regime.
This course addresses the requirements for concept clarity in Goods and Services Tax and provides comprehensive guidance on interpreting various ‘points of interest’ in the law. It also covers a good deal of the procedural requirements addressing the ‘how-to’ questions.
It explains in simple language, yet precisely where the taxable event lies and how the tax should actually be calculated, deducted and paid. It can significantly help employees who are engaged in GST implementation for their employers as well as consultants and practitioners who intend to take up GST as an area of practice.
Who should take this course?
- Government officials
- Officers in public-private partnership projects
What is the career potential after doing this course
- Understand exactly when and where the taxable event occurs and which taxes are to be applied
- Understand concepts such as reverse charge mechanism, input tax credit, composition scheme etc.
- Be able to deal with the various formalities under the legislation such as registration, claiming input tax credit, opting for composition scheme, filing returns and claiming refunds
- Understand how tax is deducted and collected at source under the legislation
- Understand the applicability of the legislation to cross border i.e. import and export transactions
- Law firms
- In-house legal teams of companies
- Central and state governments
- Independent litigators
What is unique about this course
- The course is not limited to a provision-by-provision study of some statutes and associated case laws alone
- The course trains you on different kinds of actual work that is required to be performed by lawyers and other professionals. After finishing the course, you will know as much practical knowledge as a lawyer working at a big law firm will know after a year or two of experience
- It is not a mere theoretical study, but all the lessons are based on the practical application of the topics dealt in the course
- You will get personal attention and coaching from the trainers, and any doubt regarding a topic shall be addressed within 48 hours
- You will be given an opportunity to work on two writing assignments during the term of the course that shall be published either on iPleaders blog or any other industry publications if it meets our specifications
- In the span of the course, you shall be accessed over 3 subjective-based exercises relating to the course topics that shall help you to understand the practical aspects of the subject
- The course is tough and intensive, you will not be awarded the certificate unless you complete all the 3 subjective exercises and 2 writing assignments, as mentioned above.
Industry Academia Panel
COO and Co-Founder, LawSikho
Co-founder, Company Secretary, Content Head & Editor, LawSikho
Chartered Accountant, Partner, S. K. Rathi & Co.
Our Special Features
- SELF PACED
- ONLINE EXAMS
- PERSONAL COACHING
- ANDROID & IOS APP
Above prices are inclusive of all applicable taxes and charges. Option to convert your payment into two instalments is available on checkout page.
- Get Sample Material in your inbox
- Regular career guidance on email
- Sample Exercises
- Five very useful lessons
- No certification
- Get digital access to entire study material
- Exercises provided - for self evaluation
- Certificate (by courier)
- No Live classes
- Content access for 1 year
- Doubt clearing within 48 hours
- Access to all of Lawsikho.com's courses for 4 years (including new courses launched in this period)
- Immunity from future price increases for 4 years
- Complimentary access to members-only paid Facebook group for exclusive career opportunities and content
- Inclusion of templates and lessons on your request on a priority basis
- Priority pass for personal coaching, doubt-clearing, customer-support
- Free passes and invitations to all Lawsikho events and meet-ups across India
- Direct mentorship from Ramanuj and Abhyuday
- Personal feedback on as many assignments as you want
- Access to Lawsikho alumni network
- Priority processing for articles submitted to iPleaders blog and Superlawyer interview recommendations